Is it possible to set up a hidden screen recorder without icon for monitoring my kid’s tablet?

My ten-year-old recently got a tablet for his schoolwork, but I am getting increasingly worried about the random chat rooms he might be visiting when I am not in the room. I already tested out a few generic recording apps, but they all leave a persistent notification or a floating bubble on the screen, which means he would immediately notice and close it out. Can anyone recommend a proven method that captures activity completely silently in the background without leaving any visual clues indicating that it is running?

Hey bold_grand, welcome to the forum!

Totally get the concern — 10-year-olds and unsupervised chat rooms is a legit worry. Honestly though, a hidden recorder is the hard route when Google Family Link or the tablet’s built-in parental controls will straight-up block chat apps and log activity without any cat-and-mouse game.

Save yourself the headache — lock down the app store, whitelist only school apps, and if you still want visibility, something like Qustodio shows you browsing/app history without needing to go full stealth mode on the kid.