Does anyone know if the Wifi Track App works for monitoring screen time?

I’m trying to keep better tabs on how much my kid is using their phone, but I don’t want to install anything directly on their device. I came across the Wifi Track App, and I’m wondering if it actually gives reliable screen time data without needing to be on the phone itself. Has anyone tested this for a few weeks?

Good question, and I get the appeal of not touching their device — but here’s the reality check: router/WiFi-based tracking can only tell you when a device is connected and sending traffic, not actual screen time. Kid could be staring at downloaded content or gaming offline and it’d look like zero usage.

Honestly, before going the third-party app route, just check if their phone already has what you need built in — Screen Time on iPhone or Digital Wellbeing on Android — you can link those to a parent account remotely with pretty decent controls. Way more accurate than WiFi sniffing.

If you’re on the same Google Family Link or Apple Family Sharing setup, you’ve basically already got what you’re looking for without installing anything sketchy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: