The Huawei P20-series Smartphones are the top of the line Android Smartphone from Huawei and there are three Smartphones released so far in the Huawei P20-series, the Huawei P20, Huawei P20 Pro, and the Huawei P20 Lite.
All the three Smartphones in the Huawei P20-lineup have top-notch hardware specifications along with the latest Android 8.1 Oreo operating system. However, one major complaint users of Huawei P20 devices is about the EMUI 8.1 skin that comes with these devices.
If you are one among those who are not impressed with the EMUI 8.1 skin on your P20, then the best way to get rid of the skin is by rooting your Huawei P20 devices and installing any custom ROM of your choice.
Before knowing how to root and install TWRP recovery on Huawei P20 devices, you will need to know how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P20 devices as these devices come with their bootloader locked. To help you with the same, today we bring you a detailed guide on how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P20 devices easily.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P20 Devices?
Before you begin, make sure you complete all the prerequisites listed below:
- Enable USB Debugging on your Huawei P20 device.
- Check if your device has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Launch the dialer app on your phone, enter “*#*#1357946#*#*” and click on the call icon. You will be able to see the product ID now. Note down the product ID as we will need it in the procedure.
- Check and note down the IMEI number of your Huawei P20 device.
Below is the detailed guide on how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P20 devices and the guide can be used on all the three Huawei P20-series Smartphones: the P20, P20 Pro, and P20 Lite.
- To unlock the bootloader, you first need to open the Huawei Official Bootloader Unlock page on your web browser by clicking here.
- In the Huawei Official Bootloader Unlock page, enter the details that are asked for. After entering the details, click on the button that says “Register”.
- An agreement page will then appear, click on the box next to the “I Have Read and Accepted All Terms Above” option and then click on the “Continue” button.
- You will now be asked for some more information. Enter all the necessary information and select the option that says “Since EMUI” from the list provided.
- Now you will have to enter the serial number, IMEI number, and product ID of your Huawei P20 device. After entering all these details, click on the “Commit” button.
- Now a pop-up box will appear with a 16-digit unlock code for your Huawei P20 device. Copy or write down the number as we will need it further.
- Now Power OFF your Huawei P20 device.
- Press the Volume Down and Power keys of your device and as soon as the device vibrates, let go of the Power key.
- Your Huawei P20 device will now boot into recovery mode.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Launch the ADB tool on your PC.
- Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” and press Enter.
- Now, type the command “fastboot oem unlock *16-digit-code*” (replace *16-digit-code* with the code you got in step 6) and press Enter.
- Wait for the procedures to complete.
That is all. Now you have completed the procedures to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P20 devices.
Hope the above guide on how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P20 devices was helpful and easy to understand. If you have any doubts about the procedures listed above, do leave a comment below and we are more than happy to help you out.