Asus recently unveiled their new Budget Oriented Smartphone in the April 2018, here we are talking about the new Zenfone Max Pro M1. Zenfone Max Pro M1 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset along with the Adreno 509 GPU and 6 GB of RAM. This makes a perfect combo for those users who demand high performance. The Smartphone has a lot of other impressive specifications and features as well.
Anyways, today in this post, we would be covering on How to Root Zenfone Max Pro M1 and Install TWRP Recovery. By the end of this guide, you would be able to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP Recovery and Root your Asus Zenfone Pro M1. But for now, let us take a look at some of the pre-requisites.
- This method will work only on the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Don’t try this on any other device).
- Your Zenfone Max Pro M1 should be charged at least 60-70%.
- A Windows Desktop or PC.
- An Active Internet Connection.
- We also recommend you to do a Full Backup, just in case something gets wrong.
Now, let us get straight to How to Root Zenfone Max Pro M1 and Install TWRP Recovery.
How to Root Zenfone Max Pro M1 and Install TWRP Recovery
How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
In order to Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you would have to download the unlock script and drivers for the Zenfone Max Pro M1 from the download button below.
- Now, extract the contents of above RAR file on your PC.
- You would find 2 folders now, (1) ASUS Android_USB drivers for Windows and (2) unlock.
- Open the ASUS Android USB drivers for Windows and install the drivers on to your PC.
- Now, switch off your Zenfone Max Pro M1 and boot it into the fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
- Connect your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 to your PC via USB.
- Go to the Unlock Folder and run the Unlock.cmd file.
- That’s it you have successfully unlocked the Bootloader on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. Now, it’s time to install the TWRP Recovery on the same.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
In order to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you would have to download the TWRP Recovery Image for the Zenfone Max Pro M1 from the download button below.
- Now, copy or move the above file to the Unlock Folder you got by extracting the Unlock.rar file and open a Command or a Powershell Window here by right-clicking while holding the Shift Key anywhere on the Empty Space in the Folder.
- Switch off your Smartphone and connect it to your PC via USB.
- Enter the following Command in the Command Prompt and hit the Enter key.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-1-20180518-X00TD.img
- The TWRP Recovery has successfully installed on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 now, just enter the following Command to Reboot your Smartphone.
So now, when you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Smartphone, it’s time to Root it.
How to Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
In order to Root your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode and go to ‘Wipe’ > ‘Format Data’.
- Enter Yes to confirm the wiping.
- Now, go to the menu which says ‘Mount’ and tap on the ‘Enable MTP’ button.
- Connect your Zenfone Max Pro M1 to your PC via USB.
- Now download the ‘decrypt.zip‘ and ‘Magisk-v16.4.zip‘ file on your PC.
- Copy or Move the above Files to the Internal Storage of your Smartphone.
- Now, on your Smartphone, go back to main TWRP menu and tap on Install.
- Select the decrypt.zip file, tap on Add more file and select the ‘Magisk-v16.4.zip’ file.
- Finally, swipe to confirm the Installation.
- That’s it you have successfully Rooted your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 using Magisk.
This is it guys, it was our take on How to Root Zenfone Max Pro M1 and Install TWRP Recovery. If you have stuck somewhere or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to hit the comments section down below.