Samsung currently supports Android Kitkat 4.4.2 in Galaxy S5 smartphone though it released Android Lollipop update in some models but not in every model. Now root your Samsung S5 smartphone running on Android 4.4.2 kitkat easily and unleash new tweaks and many tricks related to rooting. Rooting even though may violate manufacturer warranty, rooting have many benefits like installing custom ROMs, unlocking bootloader, increasing RAM, blocking ads inside apps etc. But on the other side, rooting your android phone is bit risky. If you don’t know rooting or do not follow procedure properly, your phone may get bricked means software may get corrupted. In such it will be hell difficult to repair your phone. But if you follow every step properly, then you don’t have to worry. That’s why to make such complicated procedure simple, we are creating such easy guide to rooting.
Chainfire released many rooting packages for rooting many android devices. Here also we will use Chainfire’s root file to root our Samsung Galaxy S5. Before starting, check your Samsung S5’s model name or number. For different model, there is different file.
- Before starting rooting procedure, make sure your phone is fully charged or atleast have 60% battery. Because in case of battery loss, your phone may lose data.
- It is recommended to create full backup of your android device before rooting. You can refer our guide to create complete backup of android without root.
- Download and install Samsung Android USB Drivers
- Enable USB Debugging in your Galaxy S5. You can follow our guide to enable USB Debugging.
- Download ODIN Software from here.
- Download Chainfire’s CF Auto-Root Package from below links based on your Samsung S5 model.
SM-G900H (International Exynos): Download From Here
SM-G900I (Oceania?): Download From Here
SM-G900L (Korea): Download From Here
SM-G900M (Middle and South America?): Download From Here
SM-G900R4 (US Cellular): Download From Here
SM-G900T (T-Mobile US): Download From Here
SM-G900P (Sprint): Download From Here
SM-G900T1 (Metro PCS): Download From Here
SM-G900W8 (Canada): Download From Here
SM-G900S (Korea?): Download From Here
SM-G900F (International Qualcomm): Download From Here
SM-G901F: Download From Here
SM-G906K: Download From Here
SM-G906L: Download From Here
SM-G906S: Download From Here
Note: You can check the model of your handset by going to Settings > About phone > Model number.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android Kitkat 4.4.2
- After downloading Cf Auto-root package from above link, unzip or extract that file in your computer. After Extracting .zip file you will see a .tar.md5 file
- Download and Install Odin Software from above given link.
- Now launch Odin software and click on PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5 file from the folder where you extracted CF auto-root package.
- Now Turn off your Samsung S5 and put it in Download Mode. To do that, Press and hold the following buttons simultaneously: Volume Down + Home + Power. In case of warning screen, press the Volume Up button to enter Download mode.
- Now connect your phone with your computer using USB cable
- Make sure that F. Reset Time and the Auto Reboot options are checked andrepartition is unchecked. If it is checked, uncheck it in software.
- Now click on the Start Button to start the rooting process
You successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5!! Now you can enjoy many rooting tweaks. Stay tuned with us for such amazing rooting tweaks and mods.
If you feel any problem or confusion, contact us immediately or comment below. We will help you as soon as possible.