The Latest from lenovo in the ‘K’ series of devices is the Lenovo K8 note which is a popular device in the budget category. The phone features a good display with dual rear cameras and Dolby Atmos sound support which makes it unique from other devices in the same segment. Lenovo is notorious for not proving software updates and even when they do the updates are very slow which becomes a problem for some power users. So today we will look into how you can Unlock the bootloader, Install TWRP and root K8 Note and install custom Roms on the device.
Rooting a device and unlocking a bootloader isn’t a straightforward process and you may face quite a few difficulties along the way, be prepared. This may also brick your device or damage it irreparably. You have been warned.
- A Lenovo K8 Note (D’uh!)
- Minimum 80% charge on the device (Better safe than sorry)
- A Windows PC (Preferable but not compulsorily windows)
- ADB and fastboot environment on your PC
- TWRP for the K8 Note
- Magisk (Download) or SuperSU
Unlock the bootloader on the K8 Note
- Go to Developer options and Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Connect the device to the PC via a USB cable and open the folder where you have your ADB drivers installed.
- Copy the downloaded recovery to the ADB folder
- Open powershell by holding shift and right click on any empty space in the folder
- A command prompt will open, there type
“adb reboot bootloader”
- This will reboot the device to fastboot mode. Now type in
“fastboot oem unlock”
- If prompted type yes and proceed.
Install TWRP on the K8 Note
- Re-open the Powershell terminal by again going to the ADB folder and Holding Shift + Right click on any empty space.
- In the Command prompt type
adb reboot bootloader
- The device will reboot into fastboot mode. Now type
fastboot flash TWRPv3.1_ysalunke007.img
- When completed manually boot into TWRP. DO NOT USE FASTBOOT REBOOT
- To manually go to TWRP, switch the device off and hold the vol up + power button. Choose recovery by pressing the Volume Up button and Press Volume Down to confirm.
- Now you have to wait for about 30 seconds or until the phone vibrates. Once it does, hold the Power button + Volume Up button simultaneously to boot into TWRP.
- If it asks for a password to decrypt hit cancel and allow modifications by swiping.
- Hit reboot and reboot to system.
Root K8 Note
- Copy Magisk or SuperSU to the root of your device’s internal storage.
- Go to TWRP
- Click on Install and navigate to Magisk or SuperSU file in the root storage of the device.
- Click on the file and swipe to confirm install.
- After Installation is complete. Go to wipe and wipe data and dalvik cache
- Hit reboot and reboot to system. Now you have successfully rooted the device and installed TWRP.
If you face any trouble while installing TWRP and Rooting your K8 note do let us know down in the comments and we will try to help you out. Check this link out for other popular rooting guides!