The Honor View 10 Huawei’s current flagship is a killer phone that has set the market ablaze. A lot of people are buying the honor View 10 and as a result a lot of people are developing software and custom roms for the device but to flash Roms a user needs to have a custom recovery installed, so today let us take a look at how you can install TWRP and root Honor View 10.
- The Honor View 10 with an Unlocked bootloader
- A minimum of 75% battery on the device (Better to be safe than sorry)
- Developer options enable on the device
- USB debugging and OEM Unlocking enabled on the device via developer options.
- Fastboot and ADB environment on your PC
- TWRP for your device (Download)
- Magisk (Download) or SuperSu (Download)
Before you continue any further do keep in mind that this process can brick your device and break it in irreparable ways. You have been warned. Proceed with caution
Install TWRP on your Honor View 10 (V10)
- Download the TWRP file and move it to your ADB folder.
- Now go to any empty space on the folder and while holding Shift click the right mouse button.
- 3. A menu shall open, click open powershell window here or whatever the equivalent to a command terminal will be on your device.
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable
- Now to reboot to fastboot mode key in
adb reboot bootloader
- You can manually put the device in fastboot mode by powering the device off and then holding power button and volume down button together.
- To test if your device is successfully being recognised type
8.If you see a fastboot message along with a device ID then you are all set.
- Now to install TWRP on your device type
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.1-0-berkeley.img
- Once it successfully installs use this command to reboot the device.
How to Root Honor View 10
- Download Magisk or SuperSu from the links above
- Power the phone off
- Go to TWRP by holding Power up + Power button simultaneously
- Once in TWRP hit Install
- Navigate to the file of your choice either Magisk or SuperSu
- Click on it and swipe to confirm installation.
- Once the process is completed, from the main menu of TWRP hit Reboot
- In Reboot, Tap reboot to system
- Once the system boots up go to the play store
- Download any root checker app to confirm if you have full root access.
- If it shows that you have root, congratulations you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted the Honor view 10 (V10)
If at all during the whole process you face any problem do let us know below in the comments and we will try to help you out to the best of our ability
You can also root Honor View 10 by flashing the Super Su Zip file. Flashing it is pretty easy just navigate to the folder inside TWRP recovery and then hit flash and the Super Su will be automatically patched on to your system allowing you root access. If you prefer this method of getting root on your phone then click the download button below!
For more rooting tutorials on Honor devices, do make sure that you click on this link