One of the most awaited Samsung’s smartphone has finally released back in this year. The Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S8, and S8+ are now easily available in the market. But with the launch of this smartphone, every user wants to use every single feature of this beast. But due to guest privileges, it’s not possible to use all of that premium features (Which are only available for Rooted Android Users).
Well, The wait is over here because one of the Android Developer Jesec has successfully rooted his device and Shared the method to root your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ and Install TWRP Custom Recovery. There is two variant of Samsung available, Exynos and Snapdragon. This method will only work with Exynos Variants of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Also Read: Best apps for samsung s8 and s8 plus
Below I have added the list of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 plus devices run on Exynos variants. For checking which model you have, Simply go to setting and then visit About Phone. 😉 Samsung Galaxy S8 Samsung Galaxy S8+
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Latest Odin – Download Odin for Windows / Download Odin for Mac
- Samsung Mobile Drivers – Download
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 – Download
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8+ – Download
Note- Make sure Smartphone is at least 50% charged and you have downloaded all the Required files. and At last, Keep Calm at the time of Rooting. 🙂
Steps to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
- First of All, make sure to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking. For this, you have to enable developer mode. Go to setting and then Tap on About Phone, You’ll see build number there. Tap on Build Number Repeatedly, and Then a message will appear saying “You are now a Developer.” After this, Back to setting and Tap on Developer Mode, Scroll down and Find USB Debugging and OEM Unlock, Tap to toggle on to Enable them. 🙂
- Save the .tar file of TWRP in the Desktop section of your Computer.
- Now Install and Run ODIN app on your desktop, You can find the Latest Download link from the Download Section above.
- Run the ODIN app and Boot your Samsung in Download Mode. For entering in Download Mode, Press, and Hold Bixby and Volume Down Button.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC using Sync cable. And you’ll see “Added” message in your ODIN App Screen.
- Now in ODIN App, Click on AP or PDA tab and select TWRP Recovery.TAR file that we have downloaded earlier.
- Make sure to tick on these two options, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Now Simply Click on Start Button and wait till you get the message of Pass, and That’s All. The TWRP Custom Recovery has been successfully Installed in your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+.
If you are having charging issues with your samsung s8 device then read our guide on fix charging issues on Samsung s8/s8 plus
For Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+, You have to follow the Steps given below-
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus using Magisk
- For Rooting your Samsung S8 or S8+, You have to boot into recovery mode. for booting into recovery, Simply press and Hold Volume Down and Power Key.
- After Booting into recovery mode, Tap on Install button and Search the folder /twres/flashables/.
- There you’ll see two files, no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and “Magisk-v12.0-arm64.zip”.
- For Disable encryption, Simply flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file. It will disable encryption and Make decryption optional. Then simply go back and Wipe your data and come back again for rooting your device.
- For Rooting your device, Simply flash Magisk-v12.0-arm64.zip file. It will install Magisk in your Device and Provide you Root Access. Now Simply Reboot your Device and That’s all. Your Device is now successfully rooted.
This is one of the easiest guides to Root and Install TWRP Custom recovery in Samsung S8 or S8+. But Make sure to read each and every Step carefully and Understand it before proceeding. Rooting a Smartphone is not a very tough task, but a Single mistake can cost you to a huge loss. You may brick your device and that can’t back in working mode again.