A few days ago, a leaked build for Redmi Note 5 Pro landed online, this leak was none other than MIUI 9 Beta ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. So if you are someone who owns a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and want to try this leak build on your Android Smartphone, then you are at the Right Place as in this post, we will guide you on How to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Android Oreo is one of those Android Versions which have been adopted by the OEMs a lot faster than any other Android Version. Day by day, more and more Android Smartphone Manufacturers are rolling out Update for Android Oreo on their Devices, well Xiaomi is not behind as well.
So for those of you who are excited to try this Android Oreo (MIUI 9) build on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, you need to make sure that you have some of the Prerequisites.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 should be charged at least 70%.
- You should have an Unlocked Bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- You should have a Complete backup of the data and apps on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, just in case something went wrong.
First of all, you have to flash TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you already TWRP Recovery Installed on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, you can skip directly to our Guide on How to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
How to Flash TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro
In order to flash TWRP(TeamWin Recovery Project) Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. In order to do so, follow these steps:
- Download the TWRP Recovery Image File for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro from here on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options on your Android Smartphone by Going into Settings >> About Phone >> Here tap on “Build Number” 7 times until you see a message toast saying “You’re now a developer”. Now go to Settings on your Smartphone again and Tap on “Developer Options”, here Enable USB Debugging.
- Now, open the Folder that contains the TWRP Image file you just downloaded and Open a Command Window there by Pressing Shift +Right Mouse Key combinations and selecting Open Command Window here from the context menu. Please note that you must have ADB and Fastboot setup on your PC, in case you don’t, then you can follow our guide here.
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with your PC via USB.
- Enter the following Command in the Command Window.
- Now, enter the following Command to flash TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
fastboot flash recovery twrp_whyred.img
- To reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, enter the following command:
Alright, so now when you have successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, lets us guide you on How to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
How to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro
In order to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro, you need to follow following steps carefully.
- Download the MIUI 9 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro on your device from the download button below and place it in to the root of your SD Card.
- Now Power Off your Redmi Note 5 Pro and boot into TWRP Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding Volume Down + Power key simultaneously for a few seconds until your Redmi Note 5 Pro boots into Recovery Mode.
- Here Tap on WIPE >> Advanced Wipe >> Here Check on Cache, System and Data partitions.
- Swipe the button to clear above partitions.
- Once it’s done go back and tap on Install, here select the MIUI 9 ROM that you just downloaded (miui_HMNote5HMNote5ProGlobal_8.3.26_b7f62273a7_8.1.zip)
- Swipe the button to flash MIUI 9 and wait till the process gets completed.
- Once the flashing process is completed you can reboot Your Redmi Note 5 Pro by tapping On Reboot System.
That’s it, now you have successfully Installed MIUI 9 Oreo on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, your Redmi Note 5 Pro will now boot into MIUI 9 based on Oreo, you can now explore new and awesome features of MIUI 9 Oreo on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
It was our take on How to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro, In case you are facing any error(s) or have any queries, you can leave them in the Comments Section down below.