One of the biggest advantage of Android over any other Operating System is the Customization it offers, like from changing Home Screen to Changing every aspect like boot Animation or a completely new Custom ROM, Android allows that all.
Some Leading Smartphone Manufacturers have their own theme engines which allow the user to chose themes from a list of thousands according to their personal taste and preferences. These Manufacturers includes Huawei, Xiaomi, LeECO, LG, and others.
But not all of us likes Custom Skin of Android, there are people who love Stock Android due to the fact how much smooth and stable it actually is, but what if you want to customize Stock Android?
- How to stop wakelock from any android app
- Download SP Flash tool
- 10 Best Video Player Apps for Android
- Download Facebook videos in Android
Well, that’s where Substratum comes into play, it has it’s own theme engine which lets you install the theme on your stock Android 8.0 Oreo and it does Not Require Root.
But before getting straight to How to Install Substratum on Android 8.0 Oreo, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
Make sure you have the following Prerequisites before starting.
- Make sure you have an Active Internet Connection.
- Your Android Smartphone running on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- A PC or Laptop.
So now when you have the above prerequisites, let us get to How to Install Substratum on Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to Install Substratum on Android 8.0 Oreo
Follow these steps carefully to Install Substratum on Android 8.0 Oreo:
- First of All Download Substratum, which is a free theme Engine for Android. Substratum has a lot of themes to chose from, you can download it for free from the Google Play Store by clicking the button below.
- Note that Substratum is just a theme engine and you just can’t use it alone to set themes on your Android 8.0 Oreo, so you need another Android App called Andromeda. Unfortunately, this App is not available for free on the Google Play Store, but it’s well worth the Price. You can download Andromeda for few bucks from the Google Play Store by clicking the button below.
- Once you have successfully installed both of the Applications on your Android 8.0 Oreo Device, Turn on your PC or Laptop and download this Script for your PC or Laptop According to the Operating System your PC is running on.
- Now on your Android 8.0 Oreo Device, go to Settings, Security and here enable USB debugging.
- Now Open the Andromeda App that you just installed on your Android Smartphone.
- You’ll notice that it shows Disconnected as the Connection status.
- Now Connect your Android Smartphone running on Android 8.0 Oreo to your PC or Laptop via USB Cable.
- Now follow the steps according to your Operating System.
For WINDOWS Users
Follow these steps carefully:
- Extract the contents of the zip file you just downloaded in a folder.
- Now Double Click on start_andromeda.bat file in the folder.
- Grant it as an administrator if asked.
- Now you’ll see a Command Window, Press Enter.
- Now you’ll see certain adb commands being sent from your Windows PC to your Android Smartphone.
For MAC Users
Follow these steps carefully:
- Double click on the .dmg file that you just downloaded.
- Now click on the AndromedaClient and it will ask you for the “disk image of the mounted Andromeda client.”
- Click on Continue.
- Now your File Browser will pop up, select Andromeda under Devices list and click on chose.
For LINUX Users
Follow these Steps Carefully:
- Run the start_andromeda.sh file you just download and that’s it, you’ll see a bunch if ADB Commands getting to your Android Device.
As soon as the PC sends commands to your Android Smartphone successfully, you’ll see that the Substratum App opens up on your Android Device itself which means that you can now use Substratum App on your Android Device and can choose a theme from a bunch of them according to your taste and preferences.
You can confirm it by opening Andromeda App on your Android Smartphone and this time it should say Connected as the Connection status.
If you are facing any errors or have any queries, then let us know in the Comments down below. Share this guide with your Friends who like Customizing their Android Smartphone.