How to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi and Redmi Devices: Xiaomi has finally unveiled their latest version of the MIUI, the MIUI 10. For those of you who don’t already know, MIUI is the Xiaomi’s own custom Skin of Android which comes with a lot of additional features and functionalities. It’s been a while since the Xiaomi has released a newer version of the MIUI.
But you don’t have to wait longer now, as they have already announced the New MIUI 10 which would be available for a Majority of Xiaomi and Redmi Devices. Well, though the stable version may take some more time to get released, you can still experience the beta ROM of the MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi Smartphone. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi and Redmi Devices. So without any further, we do, let’s jump straight into it.
How to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi and Redmi Devices
MIUI 10 offers a lot of new features including the Faster App Loading, New Recent Apps Menu, Support for Mi Home Devices, Smart Portrait Mode and Bokeh Effect, Driving Mode and a lot of other useful stuff. As of now, the MIUI 10 Beta ROM is only available for the Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi MIX 2, and the Redmi Note 5 Pro. Now, in order install MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi Smartphone, you need to have TWRP Recovery Installed, let us take a look at how you can download and install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Device.
Download TWRP Recovery for your Xiaomi and Redmi Device
You can download the TWRP Recovery Image File for your Xiaomi and Redmi Device on your PC from below:
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 6
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro
Once you have successfully downloaded TWRP Recovery.img file, it’s time to download the MIUI 10 Beta ROM on your Xiaomi Device.
Download MIUI 10 Beta Rom
- MIUI 10 Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5
- MIUI 10 Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6
- MIUI 10 Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2
- MIUI 10 BetaROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
Now, let us take a look at How you can Install MIUI 10 Beta with the help of TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Device.
Install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi and Redmi Device
In order to install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Device, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all download the TWRP Recovery Image file for your Xiaomi Device from above on your PC.
- Now, switch off your Xiaomi Smartphone and then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down key simultaneously to boot it into the Fastboot Mode.
- Now Connect your Xiaomi Smartphone to your PC via a USB Cable.
- On your PC, Open a Command Window in the folder which contains TWRP Image File by right clicking while pressing the shift key and selecting Open Command Window here from the Context Menu.
- Type the following Command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP recovery.img
- Now, to boot your Device into the TWRP Recovery Mode, enter the following Command and Press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_recovery.img
- Now, your device should boot into the TWRP Recovery Mode, here tap on WIPE -> Format Data, and then type “Yes” to proceed. Once that’s done, tap on Reboot and select Recovery.
Now, let us take a look at How to Install MIUI 10 Beta ROM on your Xiaomi and Redmi Device.
Install MIUI 10 Beta ROM on your Xiaomi and Redmi Device
Now, in order to install MIUI 10 Beta ROM on your Xiaomi Device, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- While in TWRP Recovery Mode, tap on Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, and select Dalvik / ART Cache, Cache, and System partitions. Then swipe to format the partitions.
- Once done, tap on Install and navigate to the MIUI 10 ROM file that you just downloaded.
- Now, swipe to confirm the Installation and wait for it to get Completed.
- Once it’s completed Wipe the Dalvik Cache and Reboot your Xiaomi Device.
That’s it, now your Xiaomi Device will boot into the latest MIUI 10. Enjoy all the exclusive features of the MIUI 10 before anyone else.
That’s it guys, this was our take on How to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi and Redmi Devices. Just in case you have stuck somewhere or had any queries related to the MIUI 10 on Xiaomi and Redmi Devices, then feel free to leave them in the Comments section down below.