Google Pixel the yesteryear flagship by Google is still in quite a high demand in the modders and developers community and thanks to that we have Lineage OS 15.1 running on the Pixel, so today let’s take a look at how you can install Lineage OS 15.1 on Google Pixel and customize your phone as per your liking.
Before going forward, we would like to remind you that rooting, flashing and installing a custom ROM immediately voids your warranty and you may brick your device or break it in irreparable ways making it essentially a very expensive paperweight so be cautious. You have been warned! With that out of the way let’s take a look at some of the perquisites you will require to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on the Google Pixel.
- A Google Pixel with an unlocked bootloader, TWRP installed and with at least 70% battery
- Lineage OS 15.1
- GApps for Lineage O 15.1
With the perquisites out of the way let us take a look at the process to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Google Pixel (Android 8.1 Oreo). The Process is fairly easy but can be risky if done incorrectly so be extremely cautious while installing the ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Google Pixel (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download the ROM and the GApps Package and copy them to the root folder of your internal storage. Make sure you don’t put them in a folder as it’ll be harder to navigate.
- Turn off the Google Pixel
- Now boot into the recovery mode, to do that hold the Volume Down (-) and Power Button Simultaneously for about 5 to 10 seconds. Do Note You will need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed before you can flash this ROM
- Once you see the fastboot screen using the Volume buttons to navigate, move to Recovery and Select it using the Power button. You will now enter TWRP.
- Before We Flash the New ROM, We need to Wipe the Old one and to do that Navigate to “WIPE” in TWRP and Select Advanced Wipe. Here Select Dalvik, Cache, Data and System. Then Just Swipe to Confirm.
- Once the Wipe is Complete, Click “Install” and Navigate to the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM package Then click on it and hit Install Image and Confirm by Swiping.
- Once the ROM is installed, Click Install and Navigate to the GApps package on the device and Similarly click install image and swipe to confirm installation.
- Once you have installed both the packages, click on “Reboot” and tap on System and your device will reboot back to the system.
- That’s all, you have successfully Installed Lineage OS 15.1 on Google Pixel (Android 8.1 Oreo)
So this was our guide on How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Google Pixel (Android 8.1 Oreo) if you face any problem during the Installation process or have any queries feel free to let us know below in the comments and we will definitely help you. If you wish for any Tutorial to be covered by us do leave your suggestion in the comments as well.