Alright, so you have an Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 which Asus launched recently in April 2018. And you aren’t an average user, you are someone who likes customizations and wants to get more control on your Device by installing a Custom ROM over the Stock. Well, you are at the right place as today in this post, we would be covering on How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Android 8.1 Oreo).
What is Lineage OS?
Lineage OS is a custom Skin of Android which is open source and is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from the developers. Lineage OS is formerly known as CyanogenMod which went quite famous among the tech-savvy people.
You don’t really need any Application or Specific Software to install this Custom ROM on your Device, it includes various hardware-specific code which is open source. Anyways, before we get straight to How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Android 8.1 Oreo), let us take a look at some of the pre-requisites.
- This method will work only on the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Don’t try this on any other device).
- Your Zenfone Max Pro M1 should be charged at least 60-70%.
- An Active Internet Connection.
- You should have TWRP Recovery Installed on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 – Read our guide
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
You can download the Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 by clicking on the download button below.
You will also need GAPPS or the Google Apps Package, which you can download on your Device by clicking on the Download button below.
Now let us take a look at How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Android 8.1 Oreo).
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
In order to install the Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Android 8.1 Oreo), you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, download the Lineage OS file for the Zenfone Max Pro M1 on your Smartphone from above if you haven’t already.
- Now, connect your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 to your PC via USB Cable.
- From the Notification Panel, select “File Transfer” under USB options.
- Move the downloaded Files to the internal storage of your Device. (ignore if you have downloaded the files straight to your Device).
- Now, Boot your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 into the TWRP Recovery Mode by simply switching off the device and pressing Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for few seconds.
- In the Recovery Mode, tap on ‘Advanced Wipe’ and check the checkboxes as shown in the image below.
- Swipe at the bottom to confirm the wipe.
- Now, go back to the main TWRP Recovery Screen and tap on Install.
- Navigate to the directory which contains the Lineage OS ROM and the GAPPS.
- Select the Lineage OS ROM.zip file and tap on “Add more ZIPs”.
- Now select the GAPPS.zip as well.
- To confirm, just swipe the button at the bottom of the screen and wait for the Installation to get Completed.
- Once the process is completed, just tap on Reboot System option. This will reboot your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 into the Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo).
Pretty easy, No? So, that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Android 8.1 Oreo), we hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case you have any questions or are facing any issues, then let us know in the comments section down below.