Samsung is one of the well-known Smartphone brands out there. However, one main thing that Samsung is not really well-known for is about pushing the latest Android software updates on their devices.
In the last few years, Samsung has been trying to change things up and have been pushing latest Android software updates to not only their top-end and flagship devices but also their mid-range and budget-oriented devices as well.
One of the latest Samsung devices to receive the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update is the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and the update is rolling out as Over-The-Air (OTA) update for the Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) users in Russia.
The Android 8.0 Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) will eventually make it to all the devices globally. But, if you do not want to wait till the update reaches your device, then you can choose to manually update your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 to Android 8.0 Oreo and we are here today with a detailed article on the same.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F)?
- By following the guide below, you are attempting to manually update your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 to Android 8.0 Oreo. If the procedures are not followed properly or if the mentioned tools aren’t used, you may end up damaging your device beyond repair. In such a situation, we are not to be held responsible.
- The guide below should only be followed on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Smartphone with model number SM-A520F.
- If the data on your Smartphone is not backed up before trying to update the software, you may lose all the data.
- NO ROOT is required to update your device by following the guide below.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow before updating your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) to Android 8.0 Oreo:
- Download and install the latest USB drivers for Samsung on your PC from here.
- Download and extract the ODIN flash tool on your desktop from here.
- Download and extract the Android 8.0 Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) on your desktop from here.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) to Android 8.0 Oreo?
- Open the folder to which you extracted the ODIN flash tool. Within the folder, find the file with “.exe” extension and double-click on the same to launch the ODIN tool.
- Now, switch OFF your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) and boot it to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Home + Power + Volume Down keys.
- Once your Smartphone enters the Download Mode, connect it to your PC.
- If your device is detected by the ODIN tool the “ID:COM” port of the ODIN tool window will register your device port.
- Now, within the ODIN tool, find the button that says “BL” and click on it, then select the “BL_A520FXXU4CRD5” file from the extracted Android 8.0 Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) folder.
- Repeat Step 5 for the “AP”, “CSC”, and “CP” buttons and select the corresponding files that start with the same name as the button.
- After selecting all the appropriate files, click on the “Start” button.
Now your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) will be updated to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo software. Your device may reboot multiple times during the updating process. After completing the update, a message that says “PASS” will appear on the ODIN tool window.
We hope the above article helped you to manually update your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo software. If you are facing any issues while following the tutorial above, do leave a comment below and we will help you out.