Tired of Low RAM and low internal memory in your Android Smartphone? Many Android users who are using low to mid-end smartphones or older ones have problem of low memory or RAM and thus they cannot enjoy android to its true potential and cannot install some big games as well as application. Thus here we will provide solution to your problem of low memory and low ram in android device.
Increase RAM in Android Device
This tutorial will guide you to increase RAM of your rooted android device easily so that you will not have any problem regarding memory issues. This kind of problem generally exists in outdated version of android operating systems like CupCake, Donut, Ginger Bread and HoneyComb. Generally what happens is that every device have very low shell life in market means every device gets outdated very soon due to tough competition prevailing in market. But this guide will help your device to keep up with the newer devices too. Now you can easily play high end games with high graphics which need more memory in your old android phone without worrying about your phone getting hanged or crashed. All you need to do is follow this tutorial and increase your android’s ram which is kinda upgrading virtually. Lolz
There are several methods and apps to increase ram in android among which best ones I will introduce here.
Method #1 : Using Link2Sd and Swapper2
As shown in video , follow the steps and increase your ram easily.
Main Requirement in this method is that your android must have CWM (Clockworkmod) Recovery
In the video at one point, you will need swapper2 and terminal emulator apps in your android so download it from here.
In case this method fail , you can follow our manual method below.
Method #2 – Increase ram in android manually
- Your Android device must have class 4 or higher micro SD Card
- Your Android device must be rooted
- A Windows PC
- SD Card compatible reader
- Take Backup of your SD Card
STEP 1: Your Android Smartphone must supports swapping.
Before starting this procedure , you need to check whether your device supports swapping or not. If it supports then only you can increase ram in your device. So use a testing app, MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check, to check for it before moving further.
STEP 2: Create Partition in your SD / Memory Card
- To create partition, we will use Partition tool so Download the mini tool partition wizard from here- Mini tool partition wizard
- Connect your SD Card or Memory Card using Memory Card reader to your PC
- Now Install the Mini Tool Partition Wizard and Open it and format the inserted SD card.
- Now right click on Memory or SD Card and then Select the partition as primary and file system as FAT32 for card more than 4GB to create partition in your SD Card
- Leave around 1 GB of memory for next partition.
- Click on ‘Done’ and again click on make partition option, select primary partition but this time , change file system to EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4.
- Click to apply changes
- Finished!! You successfully created partition
STEP 3: Link with your Rooted Android Device.
- To link your SD Card with your rooted phonel, we will use Link2SD app. Download Link2SD from the google play store.
- Launch the app and give root permission. Choose the “.ext” partition.
- Start linking your SD Card.
STEP 4: Increase RAM for your Android Device
- Download Swapper for Root in your Android Phone. (Or you can use Swapper 2 whose download link is given above)
- Launch the app and select the amount of RAM you want to increase.
- This app will create a. swp file which will increase the RAM of your Android smartphone.
So , this way you can increase your android phone’s strength by boosting its RAM.
For Non-Rooted Devices : Apps for Boosting Ram in Android
If your device is not rooted, you cannot increase ram directly using above or any method but there are many apps which can clean your ram regularly to boost your android phone’s speed. If you want to root your android, click here.
1) Clean Master : Speed Booster (Most recommended)
This is the best app for boosting android phone which cleans junk data and kills background apps to speed up your device.
2) Smart RAM Booster : Free app to increase Ram in Android
This is the best optimization app for android which will kill unused battery-consuming apps which runs in the background and eats not only battery but also major part of RAM which results in slowing of Device.
So this was our tutorial for boosting RAM in your Android Device. As Promised we will deliver more after rooting tricks. Stay tuned for more fun.
If you have any problem regarding any of this, you can comment below or contact us. We are here to help you.