The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are two of the hottest Android Smartphones out there in the market currently. Both these devices feature all the latest and greatest design elements, hardware specifications, and software features. So, if you are planning to buy either the Samsung Galaxy S8 or the Galaxy S8 Plus are your next Android Smartphone, then you are expecting nothing less than absolute satisfaction and perfection from the device, as they are cheap in no sense and come with a hefty price tag.
However, recently many Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus users have been complaining about either their samsung s8 not charging at all or taking a long while to get charged when plugged. So, if you are facing either one of the above-mentioned issues, then we will address these issues today in this article to fix samsung s8 not charging issues as well as fix samsung s8 slow charging issues and offer you with ways by which you can prevent the Samsung Galaxy S8 not charging or the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus not charging issues. Even if your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is charging perfectly fine, even then we recommend you to go ahead and continue reading this article as we also mentioned ways by which you can prevent any charging issues on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus to a very great extent.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Charging Issue
Below we will discuss two charging issues 1) Samsung S8 not charging issue 2) Samsung S8 slow charging issue
Fix Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 plus not charging Issues:
In case you are currently facing any sort of charging issues on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus or Samsung Galaxy S8 devices, then here are some of the fixes for the battery issue on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus or Samsung Galaxy S8:
Step 1: Check Internal Damage in USB Cable
Check out for internal damages that may occur either in the USB cable or the power adapter that is used for charging your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and Galaxy S8.
Step 2: Always use Genuine Samsung Charger
In case you feel like there are some charging issues on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus or Galaxy S8, make sure to try and charge the device using another genuine Samsung charger to check if your charging USB cable or the power adapter is damaged.
Step 3: Check Charging Socket
If you always charge your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus from a specific charging socket, then in the case of a charging issue, do make sure to check out some other charging socket as even the charging socket can get damaged at times.
Step 4: Check if charging port is damaged
Maybe at times, the problem can arise in case the charging port on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus device gets damaged. So check out yourself (without disassembling, of course!) whether the port seems to be damaged, or if you cannot confirm solely, do take your device to an authorized service center and get it checked there for any possible damages.
Step 5: Clean dust in USB port
Sometimes, too much dust in the USB port could affect the performance of the port. So make sure to gently clean the USB port if it incurs too much dust by gently blowing into the USB port or using a soft dry cloth to lightly wipe inside the port.
Step 6: Change if faulty battery
The problem to a charging issue on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus could ultimately be a result of a faulty battery unit placed inside your device. So, also get your device’s battery checked from an authorized service center. To prevent your S8 or S8 Plus device battery from getting damaged, prevent long exposure of your device to direct sunlight and also try to avoid charging your device overnight.
Have your device got wet recently? Then that may be the cause of the charging issue on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and Galaxy S8. Even though both the device models are waterproof, if the water somehow got into the charging port or other interior hardware components in the device, it may possibly cause a charging issue on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Fix Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 plus slow charging issues:
Step 1: Don’t use your Galaxy S8 or S8 plus while charging
In case you use your S8 or S8 Plus device while charging, it is also possible that the device is consuming more power than it is gaining through charging, as a result of which the charging of your S8 or S8 Plus may seem slow. So it is recommended not to use your S8 or S8 Plus phones while charging.
You can also try switching OFF your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus device and then charge it. This may solve the problem of slower charging time, in case the problem is the voltage output from the charging power source.
Step 2: Calibrate your Samsung S8’s battery
Wait for the battery on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus to drain completely to 0 percent. Once down to 0 percent, start charging your S8 or S8 Plus until it reaches a complete 100 percent.
Step 3: Boot in Safe Mode
You can also try booting your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus into the safe mode and then charge it in order to fast charge Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. Below is how to boot Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus into safe mode:
- Power OFF your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
- Now, press the Power key and keep holding until the Samsung logo appears on the display.
- Once you see the Samsung logo, immediately leave the hold on the power key and then press the Volume Down button and keep holding it.
- Keep holding the Volume Down key and wait for your device to complete restarting.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 has now successfully entered the Safe Mode.
- Once you see the Safe Mode displayed on the screen, you can leave the hold of the Volume Down key.
- Plug in your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus to the charger socket and begin charging.
Step 4: Perform Factory Reset
Alternatively, you can also perform a Factory/Data Reset of your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus device. Because sometimes, some of the applications installed on your S8 or S8 Plus may cause extensive battery drain which may make charging a slower process. So performing a Factory/Data reset will get rid of any such application that has been installed on your S8 or S8 Plus. Below is how you can do a Factory/Data Reset on S8 or S8 Plus:
- Power OFF your S8 or S8 Plus.
- Press the Volume Up + Power keys of your device and keep holding them.
- Once you see the Android logo on the screen, release both the keys.
- In the menu that appears, press on the Volume down key until the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to confirm the selection.
- Again press the Volume Down key until the “Yes, Delete All User Data” option is highlighted.
- Once again press the Power key to confirm the selection.
- Once the reset is complete, you will be prompted to restart your device. You should now restart your S8 or S8 Plus using the Power key.
- And now you have finished the procedures to reset Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Also check how to fix charging issues for Samsung S7
Prevent Charging Issues on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
If your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus devices are not facing any charging issues as of now, it is still worthy to find out ways following which you can prevent your device from incurring any charging related issues. And below are some of the tips which will definitely help you to prevent charging issues on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Always make sure that you use genuine Samsung-made cables and power adapters while charging your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. As these cables are made by Samsung itself, they are safe to be used on their devices, and also in the case of any charging related issues that may happen on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, this will also help you in claiming warranty on your devices without any issues.
- Do be careful while you plug in and plug out the charging cable from your device’s charging port. Being too rough and harsh while plugging in or plugging out the charging cable can potentially damage the charging port on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus or Galaxy S8.
- Make sure that you charge your S8 or S8 Plus devices from a charging socket that has a correct and ample voltage output as recommended for the device. You can find the required charging voltage output for your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus on the charging adapter that came with your device.
- Be careful that your device does not heat too much. As the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are two of the most powerful Android Smartphones out there, the internal components may get heated up a lot while running processor-intense apps or even while multitasking. Incurring too much heat for a long period of time can affect your device’s battery adversely and can affect charging of your device as well.
Did you find our article addressing all the battery related issues on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus helpful? Then do share the article. And if you are facing any other issue on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, please mention your issue as comments below and we will try our best to help you out.