If you are on this page from any medium so, perhaps you’re a victim of that bugging network error, “Mobile Network Not Available.” How often have you faced this error on your Android smartphone? A hell lot of time, I guess, right? However, it’s a basic error caused by OS malfunctioning. Well, it’s a grim situation for anyone, those who are witnessing it time and again when they are about to make a call.
Imagine, you’re in an urgency to make a call to your boss, and suddenly a pop-up appears letting you know, “Mobile Network Not Available.” Huh, a worst case scenario it is.
Fortunately, you peeps aren’t completely out of luck. You can fix it out with the ease of some smartphone tweaks. But not to imply it’s easy. All you need is a proper working method. As for a reason, I am writing this article for you guys those who literally got annoyed by this error.
Though, if you want yourself to get rid out of this tormenting error, just scroll down and have a look for some of the listed proven methods. With the help of these handy methods, it’s been easy for anyone to fix the error right away. So, without further fuss, let’s have a look.
How to Fix “Mobile Network Not Available” Error on Android
Before starting with the methods, I would like to introduce you why it’s happening to your smartphone.
Usually, this network error occurs in Samsung Galaxy series especially in S3, S4, S5, S6, S6 Edge, S7 and S7 Edge. Most probably, it triggered by a bad signal/reception, phone’s coverage, location, or SIM exhaustion. Moreover, before heading to the troubleshooting methods, first just look out these two settings of your Android smartphone:
- Enable Roaming [sometimes when you are out of network coverage area, you might get the network error so, make sure you have enabled your mobile network roaming service.]
- Put Airplane mode on off.
NOTE: All the listed methods are tested proven and working on almost all devices. But the irony is, I don’t know what’s the actual problem with your phone so, in that case, I won’t suggest you any particular method. I have listed all the working ways which generally works for most of the devices. And I hope it works for you as well.
Method 1: Choose Cellular Network Manually
Let’s start with the easiest way to terminate this error. Network selection process could be a possible reason for the problem you’re facing yet.
- Firstly, navigate to your phone’s “Settings.”
- Search for “Network & Internet.”
- Now, select “Mobile Network” -> “Network Operator” and tap “Manual.”
- Restart your device, and you are done
If it didn’t work for you, no worry just head to the second method.
Method 2: Fixing Improper Radio Signals Broadcasting
Here’s another possible reason why your Android smartphone is popping up “Mobile Network Not Available.” Sometimes there might be a problem with the radio signals not being broadcasted accurately. To fix this issue, follow the method given below:
- Dail *#*#4636#*#* on your Android dialer
- A “Testing Menu” will appear on your screen. Tap on “Phone/Device Information” from the category
- Then, Click on “Run Ping Test” appearing on the screen
- Scroll down your page and select the drop-down menu given. And click on “GSM Auto (PRL)”
- Click on “Turn Radio Off”
- Restart your phone, and you’re done.
Doing this will aid you to get rid of the issue if it was happening due to the improper radio signals broadcasting.
Method 3: Boost Signal Strength of Your Android Phone
In this method, we will try to resolve the error with the help of a third app known as “Network Signal Search.” It is used to boost the signal strength of your phone’s network.
It’s a freemium app available of Google Play store. Install it right away if you are still getting “Mobile Network Not Available” error on your phone.
Method 4: Remove Sim and Battery
If you are facing “error while searching for network” so, mind it this method is must for you. Sometimes this caused by the displacement of your sim card. As for a reason, the mobile not available on network error may also occur.
To fix the stated errors follow the given steps:
- First, head over to your phone’s “Settings.”
- Select “Mobile Network”
- Now, navigate to the Mobile Network settings, and then you have to keep pressing the “Power” and “Home” button together until your phone gets turned off.
- Then gently remove the battery from your device.
- And after that press the “Home button” and the “Power button” together at least for the ten times in a row.
- Now, press and hold the home and power button for two mins that will lead to the drain of remaining static charge.
- Insert the battery into your device,
- And Boot up the Sim card on the phone without pulling the back case.
- In a switched ON condition, insert and remove the sim card for the three times.
- Now, you will be urged to restart your device. Do it.
- Once you are done by restarting your phone, you will notice no more error on the way to make calls.
If unfortunately, the aforementioned methods don’t work for you so, now you should head to the advanced methods listed below:
Method 5: Fix Firmware Problem (advanced methods)
If none of the above methods work for you, just update your firmware. Here are the steps for that:
- Go to your phone’s “Settings.”
- Search for the “System” option given at the bottom
- Select “System Update” -> “Check for update”
Doing this will fix the firmware problems causing the error.
Method 6: Factory Reset
Still, facing the same issue? Do a factory reset:
- Go to your phone’s “Settings” -> “System” -> “Reset”
- Then, tap the option “Factory Data Reset.”
Once you have given the permission to the administrator for the factory reset, wait until it erases all data of your phone and reboots itself. Or you can also proceed with the method given below:
- Firstly, turn off your device.
- Then press and hold the Home, Power, and Volume Up buttons all together until you get Android logo on your device screen.
- Now, use “Volume Up” and “Power Key” button in order to highlight or select any options and confirm it respectively.
- Under the listed options, highlight the “Factory reset” option and confirm it using the “Power button.”
- Tap on “Delete all user data” and confirm it.
- Wait till the “Reboot system now” option appears on your screen. Select it, and your phone starts restarting.
Method 7: Fix for Verizon Users
If you are using Verizon and your phone’s software is up to date, but nonetheless, any of the above methods don’t work for you so, do update your APN Settings’s.
Usually, Verizon users face the network issue because of their wrong APN configurations. Follow the steps given below that will aid you to get rid of this bothering problem.
- Head over to your Phone’s “Settings”
- Tap on “Network & Internet” -> “Mobile Network” -> “Access Point Names”
- Click on the “+” option lies next to the APNs
- Now, configure your access point according to the given details
Proxy: <Not Set>
Port: <Not Set>
Username: <Not Set>
Password: <Not Set>
Server: <Not Set>
MMS proxy: <Not Set>
MMS port: 80
Authentication type: <Not Set>
APN type: <Not Set> or Internet + MMS
APN Protocol: <Default>
Bearer: <Not Set>
Save configurations and you’re done.
Thanks to the aforementioned methods that will aid you to get your “Mobile Network Not Available” error fixed. The concluded list comprised of all the general methods available on the World Wide Web.