Got a Xiaomi device? I bet you have, and I’m also pretty sure your Google Play store isn’t working, that’s the reason you’re here, so here’s how to Fix Google Play store not working error on Xiaomi devices.
Now Android without Google Playstore is essentially a fancy box, no better than the basic cell phones which were available a decade back, as Playstore is how you download third-party apps but more importantly Playstore apps are safe and virus-free, something which you can’t be sure of when you manually download and install apps.
The most common reasons why Xiaomi acts weird around Google Play store are:
- The Google Play store is of an older version and hence results in glitches.
- Dumped memory.
- Cache/Cookies errors etc.
Either way, all of those can be fixed and the solutions are pretty simple as well, let’s get started!
How to Fix Google Play Store Not Working Error on Xiaomi Devices
This is the simplest method to get around “Google Playstore not working on Xiaomi devices”. All you’ve got to do is, clear the cache and cookies for your Playstore.
How to Clear Cookies and Cache for Google Playstore on Xiaomi Devices:
Head over to “Settings” on your Xiaomi device, and tap once on the “Installed Apps” button.
This would bring up all the apps installed on your system, scroll down till you see the “Google Play Store” app listed.
Tap on the “Google Play Store” app, and click on the “Clear data” & “Clear Cache” button. Once that’s done, “Force Stop” Google Play Store.
And then finally, re-start playstore by tapping on it from your device home-screen. If that fixed the problem, Kudos! If it didn’t, worry not all hope isn’t lost.
Updating Google PlayStore
This is another one of the ways using which you can fix Google PlayStore not working on Xiaomi issues.
The idea basically is that your PlayStore is of an earlier version, or that PlayStore launched a newer version to itself, and you didn’t update your store hence resulting in the glitch.
There are two ways to update Google Playstore, the easiest way is to open PlayStore (if it’s still opening on your device, if not you can use method #2), tap on the three vertical lines on the top-left corner, and click on “Settings”.
Scroll down on this page, and click on “PlayStore version”, it’ll update your Playstore if it isn’t already updated.
This method can be used by those who are unable to open Playstore, at all. In that case the above method becomes obsolete, and so you’ll need to install Google Playstore manually!
- Download the Google Playstore APK app.
Google Play Store
- Because the app is downloaded f third-party website, you need to tell your device to allow installation of third-party apps, to do that you need to click on settings > Additional Settings > Privacy and then slide the “Allow unknown sources” button to the right. Or, in some Xiaomi devices, this setting is also located under Settings > Security > Allow unknown sources, in either case you need to enable that option.
- Once that’s done, go to the location where you downloaded the above apk, and locate the following file- “com.android.vending_9.1.24-all_0_PR_187901561-80912400_minAPI14(armeabi-v7a)(240,320,480dpi)_apk.apk”. This is the file you just downloaded. Tap on it to begin installation, it’ll install like any other app and you’re done!hbg b
So that’s how you fix “Google Playstore not working on Xiaomi devices” error folks. Hope this piece helped, you may also be interested in “10 best Battery saver apps for Android“?
Either way, that’ll be all for now, forget not to leave comments and share us on social media.