Many Android users have been receiving the “Your Device isn’t compatible with this version” error while trying to download certain Android applications from the Google Play Store.
This error can be really annoying as the Google Play Store is the official application source for Android powered devices from where you can safely download, install and run applications. Even though there are many other third-party sources that lets you to manually install applications on Android, these sources are not at all recommended as it may compromise the privacy and security of your Android powered device.
- How to Fix Restricted Access Changed. Emergency Service is blocked
- 9 Best ways to download paid apps for free for Android
- Top 9 Best Music Downloader apps for Android to Download Free Music
If you are also one among those who are facing the error mentioned above while trying to download applications from the Google Play Store, then below is an article on how to fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” on Google Play Store error.
What is causing the “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” on Google Play Store error?
Before we take you through the various methods to fix the “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this version” on Google Play Store error, it is important for you to understand what exactly is causing this error.
You may be receiving the error mentioned above because of many reasons.
- The most common reason for receiving the above error message while trying to download applications from the Google Play Store is that your current Android device may be running on an older version of Android.
In general, most of the Android applications in the Google Play Store requires your Android device to run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or above. So do make sure to check the minimum required Android version of the application that you wish to install on your Android device.
- Another reason for the error being displayed may be that your device’s hardware is not supported by the application. This can also happen at times as different device manufacturers opt for different chipset and other hardware components which may not be quite popular. App developers at times are only interested in optimizing their applications for the popular chipsets.
How to fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” on Google Play Store?
If you are sure that the two cases mentioned above are not the reason for the error popping up in your Android device, then it may be due to some bugs in your Android device or the Google Play Store application.
Below are the different methods that can help you easily fix the “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” on Google Play Store error that you are facing:
- Clear the Google Play Store from running in the background of your Android device.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Click on the “Application Manager” option.
- Then find the “Google Play Services” listing and click on the same.
- Click on the “Clear Cache” button.
Launch the Google Play Store app again. The error should now be resolved.
In case the above method is not working, check out the method below to remove the error:
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Click on “Application Manager”.
- Find “Google Play Store” and click on the same.
- Click on the “Uninstall Updates” button.
- Click on the “OK” button.
This will remove all the recent updates to Google Play Store, which may be causing the error.
This is another method to resolve the “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” on Google Play Store error:
- Go to the Settings application on your Android device and click on the option that says “Application Manager”.
- Find “Google Play Services” from the list of apps and click on the same.
- Click on the “Uninstall Updates” button and then click on “OK”.
In method 2, we tried clearing the updates on the Google Play Store app whereas in this method, we are trying to resolve the error by uninstalling any updates to the Google Play Services app.
In order to execute this method to resolve the error, your Android device must be rooted with the SuperSU app installed.
- Download the Market Helper for Android APK file from here and install it on your Android device.
- Launch the app on your Android device.
- From the drop-down list, select the provided options to mimic any latest Android device from your device’s manufacturer.
- Click on the “Activate” button and allow any root permissions that the app may ask for.
- Wait until the “Activated Successfully” message appears on the app.
- Launch the Google Play Store app and download any app of your choice.
In case you receive the “this item is not available in your current country” error, install a VPN app from the Google Play Store, connect the VPN and retry to download the same app that gave you the error.
The below method is more preferable on Samsung Android devices. However, if the steps mentioned below are executable on your Android device from any manufacturer, then you can try it out. The method below also requires your device to be rooted.
- Check online and find the exact model number of a latest Android device released by your device’s manufacturer. The model number should be of an Android device that is available in your location. Copy the exact model number.
- Download and install the ES File Explorer app on your Android device from the Play Store.
- Launch the ES File Explorer app.
- Under the tools section of the app, enable the “Root Explorer” and the “Show Hidden Files” features.
- Now under the page with the name “/”, find a file named as “System”.
- Find a file named “build.prop” and then rename this file to “xbuild.prop”.
- Copy the renamed file and paste the file into the SD storage space of your Android device.
- Open this copied file using the ES Note Editor app.
- When the file opens, enter the model number you copied in Step 1 after the following commands:
“ro.product.model=enter model number here”
“ro.product.name= enter model number here”
“ro.product.device= enter model number here”
“ro.build.product= enter model number here”
- Now, enter any latest Android version number after the “ro.build.version.release=”field.
- Save all the changes you have made.
- Now, go back to the “/” page and the “System” file in it.
- Find the “xbuild.prop” file and rename it to “build.prop”.
- Copy and paste it to the SD storage space.
- Now change the permissions of the file. Give “Read” permissions to “Owner”, “Group” and “Other”, “Write” permission to only “Owner” and do not give “Execute” permissions to any.
- Save the changes and reboot your device.
Try downloading apps from the Google Play Store and the error must now be fixed. If you now get the “Item Is Not Available for your Country” error, download and install a VPN app and run the same.
If the Android version and hardware on your device is supported, then the 3 different methods listed above is sufficient enough to answer your question on how to fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” on Google Play Store error.
However, if you are still facing the same error, leave a comment below and we will help you in resolving the error. Also, please proceed with the different methods listed above at your own risk and we are not to be blamed for any damages caused.