Just as Samsung recovered from the Note 7 debacle, new reports from some Note 8 users on the internet are coming in claiming that their phones just refused to charge after it went to 0% and switched off. That is a real problem so this is why in today’a article we willl learn how to fix Deep Discharge issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 8!
The deep discharge issue on Samsung galaxy Note 8 has been taking over the reddit forums and the issue seems to be extending to some S8 and S8+ devices too. Today let’s take a look at what the issue is, why it occurs and how to fix deep discharge issue on Samsung galaxy note 8
As of now Samsung hasn’t provided any fix for the issue but thankfully the ever helpful developer community at XDA already have a workaround for it. The App called Deep Discharge Protection helps you by switching the device off as soon as it reaches 11%, the rest seems self explanatory. This app is suitable to fix deep discharge issue on Samsung galaxy note 8 as well as S8 or S8+.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S8 or S8+
- Deep Discharge Protection Tool
- Root access on the device. You can root any device using Magisk Modules and TWRP recovery. Download links below!
This tool is meant to help you switch the device off on time before the device reaches a point of death, this tool will not fix the issue but give a workaround to the problem.
What will the App do for Rooted Devices
- Automatically turn off the device when it reaches a certain level of battery percentage
- Vibrate before switching the device off
- Allow users to set their preferred percentage at which the phone turns off. Users can select from 5%, 7%,9% and 11%.
What will the App do for Non Rooted Devices
- Give out 2 beeps when it reaches the level specified for the user to switch off themselves.
- The beeps get longer and louder with every notification to inform the user.
Fix deep discharge issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Download the App
- Install The App on your device
- Open the App
- Select the percentage at which you want your device to be turned off from the drop down menu
- Hit enable
- A green dot will denote that the app is enabled
- The app constantly runs in the background, do not uninstall the app.
Fix deep discharge issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Root
If you have a device that’s rooted then there may be a easier workaround to this issue.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP Click on the Buttons below to learn how to do that. Install TWRP Via Odin
Install TWRP (for Exynos)
- Once you have installed a custom recovery simply flash a new Rom which doesn’t have this issue. The issue seems to be only on some variants running certain builds of the software.
- If you have a Exynos variant of the Note 8 then click the button below to learn how to update to Android Oreo which should also solve the problem.
Install Android Oreo (Exynos Version)
If you are not rooted but would like to learn how to root follow the linked tutorials below.
We hope our methods help you fix deep discharge issue on Samsung galaxy note 8, S8 or S8+. if you face any trouble at any point of time do let us know and we will try to help you out.