“How to transfer data from Android to iPhone? I have got a new iPhone X, but can’t seem to transfer data from my old Samsung Galaxy. Is there a fast and simple solution to perform a direct phone to phone transfer?”
We all switch from one device to another quite often. While moving data between devices running on the same platform (like iOS to iOS) is quite easy, users often face trouble performing the Android to iPhone or iPhone to Android transfer. If you are also going through the same dilemma and don’t know how to transfer your data between different platforms, then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will teach you how to transfer data from Android to iPhone in a seamless manner.
A One-click Solution to Perform Android to iPhone Transfer
Yes – you have read it right. Now, with just a single click, you can transfer your data from one phone to another. Simply take the assistance of dr.fone – Switch and move to a new smartphone without experiencing any data loss. Not just Android to Android or iOS to iOS, it can also perform an Android to iPhone or iPhone to Android transfer as well. It is developed by Wondershare and is a part of the dr.fone toolkit. Here are some of the major features of this amazing tool.
- You can transfer all your data from one device to another with a single click.
- It supports the cross-platform transfer of data. That is, you can move your data from an Android to iPhone or vice-versa.
- The tool can transfer your contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, call logs, and all the other major data types.
- You can select the type of data you wish to transfer.
- It is fully compatible with all the leading iOS and Android devices. This includes the latest iPhone models like iPhone 7, 8, X, and so on. Also, it supports Android devices manufactured by major brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola, Lenovo, Huawei, etc.
- The tool is extremely easy to use and does not require any technical experience.
- No need to root or jailbreak the Android or iOS device to use it.
- The desktop application is available for Mac and Windows PC.
- A free trial version is also available
After learning all these amazing features of dr.fone – Switch, you should certainly give it a try. To learn how to transfer data from Android to iPhone, follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to download dr.fone – Switch on your Mac or Windows PC. To transfer your data, launch the dr.fone toolkit and select the “Switch” module from its welcome screen.
- Now, you need to connect your existing Android and the new iPhone to the system using a USB or a lightning cable. Wait for a while as the application will automatically detect both the devices.
- To perform an Android to iPhone transfer, the Android device should be listed as “Source” while iPhone should be the “Destination” device. If not, then you can use the Flip button to interchange their positions.
- Great! Now you can just select the type of data that you wish to transfer. From the provided list, simply select the desired data type. If you want, you can select all the provided options as well.
- Click on the “Start Transfer” button to initiate the data transfer process. Sit back and wait for a while as the tool would transfer your data from Android to iPhone. Just be sure that both the devices are connected to the system till the process is completed.
- Once the transfer process has been completed successfully, you will be notified. In the end, you can just remove both the devices safely and use them as per your requirements.
Other Methods to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone
As you can see, with dr.fone – Switch, you can perform Android to iPhone or iPhone to Android transfer in one click. Nevertheless, there are times when users look for other options as well. Ideally, you can try these solutions to move your data from Android to iPhone.
Manually transfer your data
This might seem like the obvious way to do, but it is also the most tedious and complicated option. You would have to transfer all the data types individually.
- Transfer contacts – To transfer contacts, you need to first export them to a vCard. Later, you have to add this vCard to your Google account. In the end, add your Google account to your iPhone and turn on the contacts sync option.
- Transfer music – First, connect your Android to your system and copy the data to your local drive. Launch iTunes and add the newly transferred media to its library. Lastly, connect your iPhone and sync it with iTunes.
- Transfer photos – To transfer photos, first transfer them from your Android device to your computer the usual way. Once they are imported to iTunes, you can connect your iPhone to it and sync it with iTunes media.
Following the same drill, you can transfer all the other data types as well. Though, you won’t be able to transfer all kinds of data like this.
Move to iOS
Another way to move your data from Android to iPhone is by using the Move to iOS app. Though, you can only use it while setting up a new device. During the initial setup, choose to move your data from an Android phone. At the same time, install the Move to iOS app on your Android device and connect it to your new iPhone.
Once both the devices are connected securely, you can select the data you wish to transfer. In this way, you can move your data from Android to iPhone wirelessly. Though, users often face unwanted setbacks while connecting both the devices.
Which method is best for me?
As you can see, there are different ways to transfer your data from an Android to iOS device. Out of all the available solutions, dr.fone – Switch is recommended. It is a fast and a highly reliable tool to perform a direct phone to phone transfer. You would have to do a lot of effort while following any other approach.
Chances are that you would not be able to transfer all your data with the manual approach. Also, you can only use the Move to iOS app while setting up a new device. On the other hand, dr.fone – Switch does not come with any restriction and can directly transfer your data in a single click.
Now when you know how to transfer data from Android to iPhone, you can easily fulfill your requirements. Go ahead and download dr.fone – Switch to move to your new iPhone with no data loss. Furthermore, share this guide with your friends and family to help them switch to a new phone in a hassle-free manner.