From the very early days of Android and iOS, the MX Player is one of the most efficient and highly recommended video player app for both the platforms. When it comes to the early days of Android when most of the high-tech video formats were not supported, the MX Player application was able to run any video formats on any Android devices irrespective of hardware specifications either by hardware acceleration or software acceleration.
Even today when the Android operating system has evolved so much in comparison to its early days, the MX Player still is one of the first applications that anyone downloads when they buy a new Android phone. The MX Player for Android is so popular that it even replaces the default stock video player application that comes preloaded in many Android devices.
One disappointment of the MX Player is that, regardless being one of the best video player application ever developed, there is no official version of the MX Player application for the Microsoft Windows platform. Well, of course there are many other MX Player alternatives for PC out there, however, none of them are capable of providing the level of satisfaction and performance of the MX Player.
If you are a MX Player fan like us and wish to have the MX Player installed on Window Laptop or PC, then today we are here with a detailed guide that will help you in installing the MX Player on PC and Laptop running either the Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems.
How to Download MX Player for Laptop and PC?
There are different Android Emulator applications for Windows Laptop and PC that allows you to run native Android apps on Windows powered machines. Today we will be making use of two different Android emulators for Windows, the BlueStacks Android Emulator and the KOPlayer Android Emulator applications.
Also Read: Download Tubemate for Windows
Both of these applications will help you in installing and running the MX Player app for Laptop and PC and below is how you can easily install MX Player on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems.
Method 1: Using BlueStacks:
Below is how you can install MX Player on Windows Laptop and PC using the BlueStacks Android Emulator app for Windows.
- First of all, download and install the BlueStacks Android Emulator
- Once installed, launch the application and login to BlueStacks using your Google account login username and password.
- After logging in, you will now be able to see a Search bar at the top of the BlueStacks app window.
- Click in the Search bar and type in the keyword “MX Player” and press Enter.
- From the Search results that appear, click on the official MX Player application.
- Once the MX Player app page loads in the BlueStacks app window, click on the “Install” button. And now, the MX Player for Windows PC and Laptop will be installed on your device.
Once the installation is completed, you can then run the MX Player app on your Windows PC and Laptop.
Method 2: Use Bluestacks and MX Player APK file to install mx player for PC
There is also an alternative way by which you can install MX Player on Windows PC and Laptop using BlueStacks and here is how to do so:
- Download and install Bluestacks
- Download the MX Player APK file
- Now, right-mouse click on the downloaded MX Player APK file and then from the drop-down menu that appears, choose the “Open With” option.
- Under the Open With option, choose the “BlueStacks Android Emulator” app.
- Now the MX Player Android APK for PC and Laptop will be directly opened using the BlueStacks app and after the installation completes, you will be able to run the MX Player app on your PC or Laptop.
Method 3: Install MX Player for PC using KOPlayer
If you do not prefer to install MX Player on PC or Laptop using the BlueStacks app for Windows, then you can choose the KOPlayer application for Windows which is a very popular alternative to the BlueStacks Android Emulator.
Here is how you can download, install and run the MX Player on Windows Laptop and PC running the Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Windows XP versions using the KOPlayer application.
- First of all, download and install the KOPlayer app
- Now, download the MX Player APK file
- After installing the KOPlayer app on your Windows powered laptop or PC, navigate to the MX Player APK file that you downloaded from above and then right-mouse-click on the file.
- A dropdown menu list will now appear and from the list click on the option that says “Open With”. You will now see a list of apps that can open the APK file. From the list, choose the KOPlayer application.
- After choosing the KOPlayer app from the list, wait for some time as the KoPlayer Android Emulator will now install the MX Player app on your Windows PC or Laptop.
Launch the MX Player application and enjoy the experience!
Did you find the various methods listed above to download, install and run the MX Player for Windows Laptop and PC helpful?
Then do share this article with others who might want to have the MX Player app installed on their Windows PC and Laptop devices as well.