Earlier Mi devices had an unlocked bootloader, which made it easier to root the device and flash custom ROMs or kernels.
However, due to several security concerns, Xiaomi has stopped unlocking the bootloader of the Mi devices by default. Instead, Xiaomi now offers a Mi Flash Unlock Tool download for the Mi users who wish to unlock the bootloader of their device.
Today we bring you a guide on how to download Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.3.803.10 (latest version) and how to unlock the bootloader using Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
Devices Supported by Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.3.803.10
Below is the list of devices that the Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.3.803.10 currently supports:
- Mi Series: Mi Mix, Mi Note, Mi Max, Mi Note 2, Mi Mix 2, Mi Max 2, Mi Note 3, Mi 4, Mi 4C, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi 5S, Mi 5X, Mi 5C, Mi 6, Mi 7.
- Redmi Series: Redmi 3S, Redmi Note 3, Redmi 3S Prime, Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite.
The Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.3.803.10 will support more devices as time progresses and will also support all recent Mi devices.
Mi Flash Unlock Tool Download For Windows XP/7/8/10
How to Install Mi Flash Unlock Tool?
Below is how you can easily download the latest Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.3.803.10.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool from above link.
- The file will be of 50MB and will be downloaded as a ZIP file.
- Once the download completes, unzip the compressed folder that you just downloaded.
- After unzipping the folder, open the folder and then you will be able to find the Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.3.803.10.
Also Check : Download Xiaomi MI Flash tool
Risks of Unlocking Bootloader of Xiaomi Smartphones
Below are some of the risks of unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Smartphones that you should be aware of.
- Unlocking the bootloader may damage your Smartphone beyond repair.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your Smartphone will be less secure than before and will be more vulnerable to malware. Malware attacks can lead to a leak or even loss of private data from your Smartphone.
- Some manufacturer or carrier-based services will no longer be applicable.
- Firmware updates and some features of MIUI will no longer work.
How to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Smartphones using Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.3.803.10?
In order to unlock the Bootloader of any Xiaomi Smartphone, you will first need to apply online through the official Mi site. Later you will receive an SMS notification once the application is approved and only then you will be able to use the Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
We have already written a well-explained guide on how to unlock Bootloader of any Xiaomi Smartphone using Mi Flash Unlock Tool. Click here to load the step-by-step guide on how to unlock the Bootloader of any Xiaomi Smartphone easily.
The article above featured steps to download the latest Mi Flash Unlock Tool and how to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Smartphones using Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
Hope the article was informative to you and in case of any doubts, do leave a comment below.