The Android operating system offers great levels of customization to the users. However, as with great power comes great responsibilities, too much customization can make Android devices unresponsive and unstable. Hence, often we would want to bring back the stock firmware on our devices.
For LG Android devices, the stock firmware can be of either two formats, “.kdz” or “.tot”, and no matter if you are downgrading the firmware of your LG device or just flashing the stock firmware back, the firmware file will be either of the two formats only.
In order to flash the stock firmware on LG devices, an additional tool called the LG Flash Tool is required.
How to Download LG Flash Tool?
The LG Flash Tool allows users to flash the stock firmware or even custom ROMs on their LG Android devices. This tool is not officially released by LG and has been developed by people in the XDA developers community.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to download LG flash tool easily.
- Click above link to Download the LG Flash Tool zip file on to your PC.
- After finishing the download, unzip the folder.
- Inside the unzipped folder, you will be able to find the “LGFlashTool2014.exe” file which is the LG Flash Tool Zip.
Before you follow the below steps to flash stock firmware on LG devices, please read the following:
- Flashing stock ROM might erase all the data stored in the internal memory.
- Make sure you have the latest USB drivers for your LG device installed on your PC.
- Do not disconnect the device from the PC between the flashing procedure.
- We are not to be blamed in case of any issues that may occur on your device. Please follow the guide at your own will.
How to Flash “.KDZ” or “.TOT” Firmware using LG Flash Tool?
The below steps will guide you on how to flash the firmware with “.kdz” or “.tot” extension using LG Flash Tool.
- First of all, make sure that you have downloaded the firmware file for your exact LG Android device.
- Now, go ahead and boot your device into download mode. To boot into download mode, first power OFF your device. Once switched OFF, press the volume UP + volume DOWN keys along with the Power button and keep holding the keys until the screen shows the “Download Mode” message.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Double-click the “LGFlashTool2014.exe” file as mentioned above to launch the LG Flash Tool.
- Within the flash tool, select the device type as “CDMA” and phone mode as “Diag”.
- Select the “CSE Flash” option (this will erase all the data stored on your device).
- Click on the “Select KDZ File” tab and select the device firmware that you downloaded.
- Click on the “OK” button.
Now, wait for the flashing to complete successfully. Your device may reboot a couple of times and will take some time to finish the flashing procedures, so please be patient.
Once the flashing is over, disconnect your device from the PC and reboot it again. Viola! You have now successfully finished flashing stock firmware on your LG device.
Similarly, if you have a Xiaomi device, then you can download Mi Flash Tool to flash the firmware on your device.
Hope the tutorial above on how to download LG Flash Tool to Flash KDZ and TOT firmware on LG Devices was easy to understand and follow.
Got any doubts? Shoot them as comments below and we are more than happy to help you out.