Hotstar is a free application available on both the iOS and Android operating systems that is developed and published by star India private limited. It is a live TV app where you can watch tv shows, and movies. Though recently, JioTV came in the market giving fierce competition to Hotstar but still Hotstar is one of the most popular live TV android app. If you like to download movies and tv shows rather then streaming online, you can use tubemate for pc to download videos.
Today, we are here with a guide that will take you through the procedures required to download Hotstar App for PC running Windows 7, 8, 10 and even Windows XP operating systems.
Features of Hotstar App for Windows PC and Laptop:
If you are new to the Hotstar app for PC and Laptop, then below are some of the key features of Hotstar app to give you an insight about what the application is really about:
- Watch latest TV shows including popular one’s from around the world as soon as their television premiere gets aired.
- Watch TV channels and latest movies in English and also all popular Indian languages.
- The Hotstar app is free to download and use.
- Unlocking Premium content on Hotstar would require you to pay Rs. 199 per month. The first month is free for new signups.
- Over 3 million active downloads from the Google Play Store.
- The Hotstar application lets you to download and watch the content in the application, in case you have a poor internet conection.
How to Download Hotstar App on PC and Laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10?
One of the popular ways to download and install the Hotstar App on PC and laptop running the Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems is by downloading and installing the BlueStacks Android Emulator app on your Windows PC and Laptop.
The BlueStacks Android Emulator allows you to run Android applications on PC and laptop running the Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP or Windows 10 operating system for absolutely free. So, let us look through the procedures required to download and install Hotstar app on Windows laptop and PC running the latest as well as a bit older Windows versions.
Method#1 – Download hotstar for PC using Bluestacks
- You need to first download and install the BlueStacks Android Emulator app on your Windows machine.
- After you have installed the BlueStacks Android Emulator, launch the app from your Windows PC.
- You will now need to login to the BlueStacks Android Emulator app. You can do the same using your Google Account credentials.
- Once you logged in, at the top of the BlueStacks Android Emulator app window, you will be able to see a Search bar.
- In the Search bar, type the keyword “Hotstar App” and press Enter.
- The BlueStacks app will then search for applications that match for your keyword and present you with a list of results.
- The official Hotstar app will most likely be present at the top of the search results. Also make sure that the developer of the Hotstar application is “Novi Digital”, as they are the official developers of the Hotstar app.
- Click on the Hotstar app and then click on the “Install” button.
- Now the Hotstar Android app will be installed on your PC.
- Wait for the downloading and installation procedures to complete.
You can now conveniently use the Hotstar app on your Windows PC and laptop without facing any errors with the help of the BlueStacks Android Emulator app.
Method#2 – Download hotstar for PC using Nox App Player
If you are not a fan of the BlueStacks Android Emulator for PC application, then below is how you can install and run Hotstar app on Windows PC and Laptop running Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and even Windows XP operating systems without having to install the BlueStacks Android Emulator:
- Download and install Nox App Player on your Windows powered PC or Laptop. Nox App Player is an alternative to BlueStacks for Windows.
- Once the installation is complete of the Nox App Player on your Windows machine, then you will have to separately download the Hotstar APK for Android from here on to your PC.
- Do make sure to place the downloaded Hotstar APK from the above step on to a new folder on your Windows desktop.
- Now, launch the Nox App Player application from your PC.
- From within the Nox App Player for Windows, browse for the Hotstar APK file that you downloaded to your PC earlier.
- Wait for the Nox App Player to install the Hotstar APK on your Windows PC.
After the installation is complete, you will now be able to run Hotstar on Windows PC and Laptop without having to install the BlueStacks Android Emulator app for Windows.
Hope you found this guide on how to download Hotstar app for Windows PC and Laptop helpful and easy to follow. In case of any difficulties in following the above guide, do leave a comment below and we will help you out.