So you downloaded and flashed the developer preview for Android P but found that it made your phone basically a very expensive piece of junk with no capabilities a regular phone should have? Well, fret not, this isn’t the first time we have seen over enthusiastic geeks trying stuff and regretting it. So today let’s take a look at how you can to Downgrade Android P (Android 9.0) to Oreo on Pixel Devices.
Before we begin let’s take a look at some of the perquisites you will require before you undertake the process. We also warn you that you will lose any warranty you have on your device and may end up bricking the device altogether or breaking it irreparably. You have been warned, proceed with caution. By following this process you will lose all your data, we recommend you take a backup before flashing Oreo.
Prerequisites to Downgrade Android P (Android 9.0) to Oreo on Pixel Devices
- One of the Google Pixel Devices with Android P Developer preview installed (Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL)
- Unlocked bootloader and OEM unlocking Enabled
- ADB and Fastboot Environment Installed on the System (We recommend using a windows system, it’s easier that way) – Install ADB and Fastboot
- The device charged to at least 70%
- Factory Images of the corresponding devices you have. (Can be Downloaded from the links below)
Factory Images to Downgrade Android P (Android 9.0) to Oreo on Pixel Devices
|Google Pixel – Download||Google Pixel XL – Download|
|Google Pixel 2 – Download||Google Pixel 2 XL – Download|
Steps to Downgrade Android P (Android 9.0) to Oreo on Pixel Devices
- Download and extract the Factory image corresponding to your phone
- Move the extracted files to your ADB folder on your Computer
- Switch off your Pixel Device and boot into bootloader mode
- Hold Volume Down (-) and Power button simultaneously to go into bootloader
- Once in the bootloader, connect the device to the computer
- Navigate to your ADB folder and file the file titled “flash-all.bat”
- Double click on it and the process will start. It should take a couple of minutes and you would have successfully downgraded from Android P (Android 9.0) to Oreo on the Pixel Devices
- Once the process is completed your phone will restart and you will be presented with the setup screen.
- If you are running Linux or Mac use this command in the terminal “./flash-all.sh”
Steps to Downgrade Android P (Android 9.0) to Oreo on Pixel Devices without losing data
- If you want to flash the file but still keep the data then you need to edit the “Flash-all.bat”
- Open the file in a text editor like notepad and search for “-w”
- Once you find it, delete “-w”
- Now save the file and follow the steps above to flash it normally.
- That’s it you will now be able to successfully flash it without losing any data
So this was our guide on how you can Downgrade Android P (Android 9.0) to Oreo on Pixel Devices if you have any problems or queries do let us know below in the comments and we will try to help you the best we can