Most users choose Android over any other platform due to the customization flexible options available in this platform, and one cannot deny the fact that after a certain period we tend to bore by default look on our Android smartphone, some customizations like icon layouts, launchers, animations can freshen our experience.
So without much said, in this guide, we will show you some easiest methods to change app icons on your android smartphone.
Also Read : How To Disable WhatsApp Stories Feature
Method 1: Using Nova Launcher
There are numerous launchers available in the play store but most famous one is Nova Launcher, You can pick an image from your gallery for your app icon.Let us demonstrate it for you.
- Download Nova Launcher from here
- Tap and hold the app you want to change the icon for, then go to icon options.
- Select edit option and touch the icon beside label option.
- When you will select the icon, you will get many options for built-in, gallery apps.Choose anyone as per your preference, you have to keep your icon ready so that you can pull the image easily from the gallery.
- For demo purpose I will be changing chrome icon, let us choose built in and then select WhatsApp icon ( for example ).
- That’s it for the procedure now you have changed your app icon by using nova launcher.
Method 2: Using Some apps
You can use some cool apps like Awesome icons and Icon changer free.Methods can vary but for most of the apps: once the app is downloaded and installed, open the app and choose the app you want to change the icon for, then select the icon either from the gallery or inbuilt icons.
Method For Awesome Icons
Awesome Icons is a good app to change your home screen app icons and that too without a root access.
- Download Awesome icons from the Play Store. Scroll down to the app for which you want to change the icon
- Tap on the icon and you will be headed towards its settings.
- Tap on the icon and select one option from application icon, icon pack icon, picture, and camera.
- Tap on ok and your app with new icon shortcut will appear on home screen.
In case of any queries, you can reach us out via the comment box below!