In this article, we will talk about Best Android Custom ROMs For LG G5 (Android 7.0 / 7.1 Nougat Custom ROMs)
LG mobiles have been the silent ruler of the market in the Android category. You may not hear a buzz about LG in general but people are going for LG smartphones. It had launched revolutionary smartphones like LG G6, LG V20, LG G5, and LG Google Nexus 5 X, LG G4, LG G3, LG Google Nexus 5, and LG G2. These are the mid range smartphones from LG and they are very much in use by Android enthusiasts. The LG G6 had recently been launched in the market but its predecessor, LG G5 is already in use by thousands of Android users. The LG G5 has a 5.3-inch capacitive touch screen with an astonishing 16 MP rear camera. The battery power of this smart phone is that of 2800 mAh. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 820 with 4GB RAM. The phones come with a preinstalled Android 6.01 marshmallow but can be upgraded to Android nougat 7.0/7.1 easily, from on the air update. The speciality of Nougat is that it has got lots of fixes like quick app switching, adjusting notification got a lot quicker, daydreams become screensaver here, multi tasking, use two apps at the same time and much more.
Rather than going for the company’s official ROMs why people are going for custom ROMs in LG G5 is the main question here. Now sometimes it takes a lot of waiting to get a stable Nougat ROM for LG G5 officially, now if you can’t wait to get the latest update or you do not want to buy a new phone then these custom ROMs for LG G5 are just for you. Let’s take a look at the top 5 custom ROMs for LG G5 (Android Nougat 7.0/7.1).
5 Best Custom ROMs for LG G5
Tizen is an open source operating system built for the Smartphone and connected device industries that include developers, manufacturers and mobile operators. There are various profiles like Tizen mobile, Tizen wearable, Tizen for TV etc with which a developer can develop the Tizen open source operating system for better user interface and comfort. The Tizen project has been built in association with Linux Foundation.
The Tizen ROM v2.0 for LG G5 has been made from the same open source software. The v2.0 of this ROM specialises in base ROM H850 20a OPEN EU, Aroma Installer, Debloat app System. You can set Wallpaper similar to that of LG V20 and Lock screens to that of LG 20 for your LG G5. You can add Dolby option in your music setting which was absent before and you can also add Home UX4, with add widget on the Smart bulletin. The other features of this ROM include Google Calculator, LGEmail.apk, LGTask.apk, a transparent widget on Home UX5 and UX4. You can now Sync Navigation and Status bar colour system for apps.
Installation of the ROM is pretty easy
- Download the Tizen ROM for your LG G5 – Download TizenRom 2.0 here
- Load it to your phone’s internal memory.
- Enter to your phone’s Boot menu or recovery mode and install the ROM from your phone’s internal storage.
- Follow the instructions that follow from the aroma installer, reboot and you are done installing.
You should check our best root apps for android
Tesla Operating System for android now known as Glaze OS is a powerful and reliable open source operating system. It is an aftermarket firmware distribution of Android. The features available in this stock ROM may hardly be found on other stock or official Android based firmware and operating systems. There are two versions of custom ROMs available for the LG G5 for to update it to the nougat family. The custom ROMs are H830 and H850. There is not a big change in this version from its predecessors. You have to install it through TWRP recovery.
- Download the Tesla v3.4 for LG G5 first and backup your files – Download Tesla v3.4 here
- Store the ROM on your Device’s phone memory.
- After that, you have to boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Then go to the bottom of the menu and swipe the factory reset button.
- Go to the main menu and select the custom ROM and select install and swim confirm to Flash as this will flash your phone.
- Once you are done with that, clear the cache and return back to the main menu of TWRP and select reboot to restart your phone.
- You can now easily use nougat on your LG G5.
You must check how to download paid apps for free
3) Fluence UHD
Fluence is a custom ROM that is optimised by QUALCOMM with builds like OMNI, MOKEE and STOCK. These ROMs are generally built in HD or UHD and you can download according to your requirements. These ROMs are made for better battery life, HD sounds and visuals and smoothness.
The Fluence UHD for LG G5 is not less in any aspect than other ROMs. The features of this ROM include System less Root, Reduced boot and shutdown time, smoothness, optimised networks and standard Boot animation. This ROM has also got Sony CUSTOM ROM Ringtones, Alarms, Notifications, App, Widgets, Sound Enhancements, Live wallpaper and Home Launcher
- Backup your important files from your device using Nandroid or some other backing software.
- Download Fluence UHD and store it to your device’ phone memory.
- Reboot to TWRP 3 and factory reset your device.
- Then go to the TWRP3 main menu and select the ROM and then select install.
- Once you are finished with your installing, clear the cache and restart the system and enjoy.
The Crdroidandroid is an open source project found in Github and specialises in ROMs for Android smartphones. The crdroidandroid is a free cyanogen Mod Android or AOSP based ROM. This ROM is a kind of mixture of AOSPA, Omni ROM and Slim ROM. This MOD gives your android smartphone a lot of stability and customization.
The Crdroidandroid ROM made especially for LG G5 is a great ROM as it is stable yet power saver. With this ROM no battery drain issues have been reported. Furthermore, it increases performance over stock Android. The features of this ROM are battery styles, tap to sleep, clock styles, vibrate on touch, wifi easy toggle, brightness slider toggle, brightness icon button, PIE navigation, toggle long press torch and much more.
- Backup your files first using a backup software.
- Download the crdroidandroid ROM from the link.
- Use TWR recovery to flash.
- Reboot to TWRP recovery and wipe system along with cache memory.
- Flash the crDroid Zip file and Gapps and reboot the system to enjoy custom ROM.
The Resurrection Remix is yet another open source project and operating system which can be found on Github. The build of this custom ROM is compiled to give you a stable user interface. The latest of their updates include the Android nougat 7. If you have an update, then you will get OTA notification of the new update as well. When you use this ROM on your device then you can forget about quick battery draining.
The resurrection remix 5.8.3 is available for LG G5 as well. This ROM is based on Lineage OS, CM, Omni, Slim and original Remix ROM builds. Thus with above features, Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 gives you the ultimate user experience on your Android device.
- Backup your files using Nandroid or any other program of your choice.
- Download Resurrection Remix from the link given below and store it on your device’s phone memory or SD card.
- Reboot to TWRP and install the ROM and latest open Gapps using the latest version of TWRP.
- Clear cache, restart the system and configure the system to enjoy the latest version of Android on your device.
Github, Xda developer or any other forum on the internet is a good source to find this type of custom ROMs and not just any other random site. A random site claiming to provide custom ROMs can be harmful to your device. Furthermore, the ROMs found on those forum mentioned above can also be harmful to your device, so it is better to check about that custom ROM, by reading the user Reviews/ratings and working accordingly.