It’s been a while now since Samsung launched their Flagship Devices for this year, the Samsung Galaxy S8, and S8 Plus. The Company also rolled out another Flagship which is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 after few months. Samsung Galaxy S8 is undoubtedly one of the most popular and one of the Best Flagship Smartphone that we have today in the Market.
The Device comes with great Specification, has enough power inside and comes with awesome Cameras for the Selfie and Photography addicts. On the Software front of sides, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus run on the TouchWiz OS which is a traditional Custom Skin of Android by Samsung. We are seeing TouchWiz UI from a very long time and it has improved a lot over time. If you are someone who likes to Customize your Smartphone, then the TouchWiz OS comes with various Options like Customization of Home Screen, Lock Screen, Animations, Fonts and even the ability to add a ton of quick settings tile.
Both of the Smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S8, and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus comes with AMOLED display, the Smartphone has various modes of display that can be set as per the needs and taste of the User. These Settings gives the user the ability to change between Adaptive Display/AMOLED Photo/AMOLED Cinema/Basic.
- 10 Best Games for Samsung S8 / Samsung S8 plus
- How to fix Samsung S8 / S8 Plus charging issues
- 10 Best Android Tv Box
There are enough tile Options on the S8 and S8 Plus, but one of the Options that we think user really need is this Display Mode Toggle. So in this post, we will help you guys to add this Display Mode Toggle on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
You will need few requirements in order to add Display Mode Toggle on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, so let us take a look at Requirements.
You must have these things ready so that you can add Display Mode Toggle on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- You need to have Tasker app installed on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Once you have all the requirements, you are ready to add Display Mode Toggle on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
How to add Display Mode Toggle on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Follow these Steps carefully to add Display Mode Toggle on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8Plus.
- Open the Tasker App on your Smartphone, in case you don’t have Tasker installed on your Smartphone, you can download it for free from the Google Play Store.
- Now in Tasker, give your task a name for your Display Mode like Basic, Photo, Adaptive etc.
- Now tap on that + Button in the App and then select Run Shell.
- Now enter the following code to add the Display Mode Tile for different display modes as mentioned below:
For AMOLED Photo
echo “1” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode
echo “2” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode
For AMOLED Cinema
echo “3” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode
For Adaptive Display
echo “4” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode
- Now Check the Use Root Option in the Tasker App.
- Now press the Back key on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and just save the task you created.
- Once that’s done, go to the Main Menu of the Tasker App and Open Preferences. Now tap on ACTION, you must see Quick Settings Tasks now at the Top. Here you can assign 3 of your Tasker Tasks you just created with the help of Above code(s).
- You will now be able to see the Quick Toggles for Display Modes in the spare toggles at the bottom, from here you can drag these toggles to give them the position of your choice.
- That’s It! You have successfully added the Display Mode Toggle on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
This Method should work on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (Root Required) without any issues, although just in case you are facing any kind of issue, then let us know in the Comments Section down below.