Motorola recently owned by Chinese Company Lenovo is doing amazing job with its Moto X and G versions. Its 2nd Generation phones also grabbed high share in lower market and competing toughly with other competitors. Motorola is known for its quick update of android OS in their android smartphones. Recently as soon as Google released Android lollipop in the market, Motorola also gradually released Lollipop update to Moto X and Moto G 1st and 2nd Generation users. It is coming in several phases in different countries.
Chainfire known for android rooting tool is also not behind and surprisingly picked the line with immediate release of root tool for lollipop. It launched tools for many phone brands including Motorola. Few Days ago, it announced via twitter that it released root tools for motorola devices running Android Lollipop.
Rooting has many benefits like You can install custom ROMS, modify many functions, and also perform many tweaks which is not possible without root.
So lets Root Moto X/ Moto G 1st or 2nd Gen running on Android lollipop and open the doors for limitless customization.
Must Read :
Disclaimer: TheDroidWay is not responsible for any kind of damage happening to your device as rooting may violate warranty and may brick your device. Though we are committed to help you as much as possible but we do not promote any illegal activity. Try at your own risk and follow every instruction as close as possible.
- Before rooting any android device or modifying any root level settings , you must take backup of your device. You can refer our guide on How to take backup in Android without root
- Check your model number before trying to root using the guide given below. If you cannot find your model number, then you can contact us for suitable rooting guide but do not try blindly.
- Better charge your android device above 60% to avoid any unnecessary interruptions.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device using our Easy guide here.
- Download Rooting file from below.CF-Auto-Root download links Moto X 2nd Gen XT1097: CF-Auto-Root-victara-victararetbr-xt1097.zip Moto X 1st Gen XT1052: CF-Auto-Root-ghost-ghostretgb-xt1052.zipMoto G 2nd Gen XT1063: CF-Auto-Root-titanumts-titanretuglb-xt1063.zipMoto G 2nd Gen XT1068: CF-Auto-Root-titanumtsds-titanretaildsds-xt1068.zip
Moto G 2nd Gen XT1068 (titan_retd): CF-Auto-Root-titanumtsds-titanretde-xt1068.zip
Moto G 1st Gen XT1031: CF-Auto-Root-falconcdma-falconboost-xt1031.zip
Moto G 1st Gen XT1032: CF-Auto-Root-falconumts-falconreteu-xt1032.zip
Moto G 1st Gen XT1033: CF-Auto-Root-falconumtsds-falconretbrds-xt1033.zip
Root Moto G and Moto X on Android 5.0 Lollipop
- First of all Unlock Bootloader from HERE | If you cannot understand how to do that, contact us, we will personally help you.
- Reboot your Moto Device in Bootloader mode. For that, while restarting, press and Hold Power + Volume Down button and then enter bootloader mode from the menu.
- Now extract the CF-Auto-Root.zip file after downloading from above given link in your PC.
- Now connect your Moto device to your computer.
- Now, run “Root-windows.bat” file from the extracted folder and wait for few minutes.
- This will open root interface in your computer.
- From here, follow the on-screen instructions and root your Moto Device.
- After the completion, unplug the wire and restart your device.
You successfully rooted your Moto Smartphone using CF-Auto Root tool. Follow our blog to know amazing tweaks after rooting android phone.
Alternative method for Rooting Moto G2 – 1064 (US/Canada GSM)
- Download this: http://downloads.codefi.re/savoca/root/titan
- You need ADB and Fastboot to be installed in your PC.Refer this Guide to install adb and fastboot
- Open a terminal on your PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
- or by using the hardware key combination for your device while it is powered off.
Then Enter this to boot image and root moto g - fastboot flash boot xt1064_lollipop_boot.img
- Flash SuperSU
If still you have any problem, contact us. We are committed to help you.
Feel free to comment below or contact us directly for any problems.