Do you want to download Xiaomi mi flash tool and install fastboot ROMs on Xiaomi android devices using xiaomi flash tool? Then this article is for you.
Flashing is the process of adding a custom ROM or a different version of Android OS. The devices usually come pre-loaded with various ROM’s from various manufacturers which always tend to be different from one another as the device manufacturer usually adds his tweaks and customization with the hope of differentiating it from other manufacturers have something different about their UI.
Xiaomi Inc. has launched their official flashing tool known as Xiaomi Mi Flash tool for flashing any Mi phone and tablet. This tool is the best as it helps one to unbrick their phone using (Fastboot file) and getting the stock firmware back. This is the best as some people tend to brick their phones whenever they try to flash it causing them to pay extra money to get their phones working again. OTA files are still not supported using this tool.
Mi Flash tool is the one stop shop for Flashing Mi handsets as all Xiaomi devices are supported. The tool also consists of USB drivers like Qualcomm USB Serial Driver, Google ADB Tool and Drivers, Microsoft MTP and RNDIS Driver, so one does not need to install any additional drivers.
Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool
Download mi flash tool from any one of the below download links
MiFlash20161222 – this latest version is recommended
Notes before installation:
- Mi Flash tool is supported in both 32 & 64-bit operating system and only works on Windows 7 and above.
- MiFlash is presently in stable rendition.
- You need to ROOT your device before, flashing it with any custom ROM
- First, you need to uninstall any Mi flash beforehand.
- MiFlash is supported just in Qualcomm gadgets at the time.
- MiFlash is not supporting gadgets which are old than Mi3.
How To Install Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool In Your Computer:
- First of all, download mi flast tool package from above download links (any one of them) and extract it in your computer.
- Open the extracted folder and click on .msi or .exe file.
- To begin with screen click Next!
- Then in next screen, choose the destination folder where you want to install the Miflash – You can leave it as default and click Next!
- The third screen you can confirm installation and let it start by clicking Next.
- When the final screen appears to click on Close. Xiaomi Flashing tool is successfully installed on your system, now let the Flashing begin.
Note: If you get windows security prompt, just click on “Install this driver software anyway”
Flash boot ROM on Xiaomi Phone using Mi Flash tool
Disclaimer: It is advised to take a backup before doing this process as we are not responsible for any data or any other kind of damage/loss one might experience while following or after completing the steps.
- Download Mi Flash tool and install as described in instructions above if not yet installed.
- Run the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool and click on the “Browse” option.
- Select the folder where you extracted the ROM in the previous step.
- You need to enter Fastboot mode on your device. First Power down your device then by pressing the Volume Down + Power button at the same time and the device will automatically enter into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect the handset to PC using USB cable.
- Open the flashing tool and click on ‘Refresh’ button to see the connected devices.
- Once the device is connected, you will be given three option on the bottom right-hand side of the window, and you need to select one according to your preference the options consists of which are mentioned below.
- Flash_all: – Clears all the data of the built-in storage, clear all the user data. As it is a clean install which removes all the pre-existing data on the phone, so please be careful while choosing this option as the process is irreversible and the data will be gone forever.
- Flash_all_except_storage: – Will delete all user date but saving the built-in storage data.
- Flash_all_except_data_storage: No data is removed saving both built-in and user data.
- Click on the “Flash” button to start the flashing process on the device. Once the process is completed the device will reboot automatically. It takes some time after the first reboot for the device to start up so no need to worry. I would suggest you to choose your ROM carefully as AOSP ROMs like CyanogenMod offer stock Android which will expel things like Xiaomii’s default Apps. CyanogenMod’s ROM is one of the more prominent ROM.
Different ROM’s like Fresh 3.5 offer a ROM fundamentally the same as the default involvement (with included speed and battery-life). By leaving the pre-existing skin that your gadget has and joining over the air updates for an updated version of the ROM.
So, this is how you can install a Flash ROM easily on a Xiaomi Mi smartphones simply just follow the above given steps and enjoy using custom ROM’s. For any queries you can comment below in the comment section.