Latest version Odin 3.12.7 is available for download now
Samsung devices are the most popular Android smartphones and they come with quite compelling features. But the major benefit of using samsung android devices is the availability of Stock Samsung ROMs and the Odin tool to flash samsung ROMs. It allows us to root samsung devices as well as also gives us confidence playing with new custom ROMs for Samsung devices or flashing CF-Root kernels or installing custom recovery knowing that anytime we can get back to stock version of Samsung ROM. This is all possible thanks to Odin tool for Samsung Devices.
The Odin tool is responsible for flashing a custom ROM on a Samsung Android device. This can be also used for rooting samsung devices the device as well. It has been used by Samsung Internally to flash the custom ROMs for developing purposes but it is being leaked time to time by unknown sources.
As samsung devices are quite different from other android smartphones in terms of unlocking bootloaders and their key combinations, Odin is very helpful and a boon to those who want to root samsung devices or flash custom rom or reinstall stock rom in samsung Smartphone.
So here, I have provided links to download odin all versions including latest Odin 3.12.7 for samsung. Also we have given a glimpse on how to install and use Odin for Samsung devices.
Download Odin for Samsung
The above app cannot be found in Google Play Store as it violates the terms of Google services hence you need to download it from a third party website for which the link is given below.
Supported Formats: *.bin, *.tar & *tar.md5.
Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
|Odin Version||Download Link|
If you are Mac user then download odin for mac osx
How to use Odin for Samsung Devices
Before installing the software and using it on your device you should take care of few things or it may cause malfunctions on your device in your future.
- Make sure that the battery of the device where you will be using it should be full or should be in a charging mode to avoid disruptions.
- Enable the debugging mode as it is important. To do so got settings and tap About phone option 7 times, which will unlock the developer option. In there you will find USB debugging option.
- Backup your mobile phone data so that you do not lose any precious information.
Install Odin for samsung on PC
- Download the firmware for your device by choosing the right model. To install the firmware, extract or unzip the firmware zip file and install the firmware by rebooting to TWRP.
- Reboot to download mode by entering the boot menu. To enter press volume down + home button +power key simultaneously after the mobile is switched off and the enter Odin mode using volume keys.
- Now extract the Odin zip file in your PC and install the software.
- Connect your device to your PC by entering Odin mode on your device. The PC software will notify if your device is added.
- Next, follow the instructions given in the software and proceed accordingly.
If you are Samsung S8 users then don’t forget to check best samsung s8 apps
Do share your feedback about this tool, and comment if the download link for odin doesn’t work.